Come and enjoy your birthday in our beautiful woodlands
We’ve lots of ideas for all ages:
- 18.4 acres of woodland to explore
- Archery (book in good time)
- Treasure hunts
- Lots of space for games and our ready-made activities
- SPICE Garden (sensory activities for all) and Play Area
- Barbecue and picnic tables
- Shelter in case of bad weather
- Toilets and cold-water basins (one wheelchair-accessible toilet)
- Small self-service souvenir shop
If there is a particular woodland activity you would like to try please ask in good time; there may be an extra charge for an instructor.
See where everything is located on the Jarman Centre Map.
NB: Use of Portable Barbecues in foil trays
These get VERY HOT. Use them with care and only under careful supervision, and ALWAYS put them on the stone slabs or grids that we provide at the campfire circles, barbecues, altar fires and patrol cooking bases. It is dangerous to put them on wood (which will catch fire); grass (which will burn a hole) or our plastic benches and barbecue shelves (which will melt).
- The Shelter has two kettles, a freezer, bench seating and a cold water supply
- Toilet rolls and hand sanitizer are provided
- Keys to the Shelter, the lobby of the house and the activities cupboard are collected from, and returned to, the Warden (contact details will be provided)
- Access to the house lobby is for emergency use of the telephone only. No other house facilities are available to visitors to the grounds
- Please note there may be other groups on site at the same time and you are asked to respect their privacy by keeping off the lawn and the path around the house.
- Similarly, if there are campers on site keep to the paths and do not go through their camps.
Find out more
- Download the Visit Grounds Booking Form for your party, and the Archery and Woodland Skills Booking Forms as needed from the Forms page.
- Check the Availability calendar for dates.
- Contact us if you need more details.
You may also be interested in using the Loft for a birthday sleepover; there are two rooms sleeping 12+7 or 11+8 respectively on mattresses. Find out more here.