House residents, please note the following points:
- All groups need to bring soap, toilet rolls, washing-up liquid, tea towels, matches, oven gloves and cleaning materials, however short their stay
- There is no resident warden and we rely on each group to leave the house as they would hope to find it; the house is checked after each group
- There is a range of souvenirs for sale, many at pocket-money prices
- Download the Jarman Centre Risk Assessment
- Soft shoes or sandals should be worn in the building
- Smoking is not permitted in the house
- Please do not use Blu Tack on the walls; there are plenty of notice boards
- No dogs are allowed in the house, except for assistance dogs
- Food, sweets and drinks are not allowed in the dormitories
- Vehicles must be parked in the car park at the top of the drive or in the bays either side of the drive, to leave access clear for emergency vehicles
Arrival and departure times
- Normally during the week you should arrive after 2 pm on the first day of your booking and leave by midday on the last day.
- At weekends you should arrive after 2 pm on Friday and leave by 5 pm on Sunday.
- If you wish to vary your arrival or departure times you should indicate this on your booking form; it will be allowed, as long as there is no other group booked immediately before or immediately after you.
- If such a booking is received later than yours, but still more than 3 months before your start date, we reserve the right to ask you to adjust your timing to accommodate it. This happens occasionally during school holidays.
Recycling and Waste
- Black bags for non-recyclable waste are kept in the laundry – take filled bags to the bin store by the main gate – please make sure that the lid is down on the bin store.
- Wheelie bins for recycling and compostable waste are situated at the back of the house and by the bin store – download the information sheets on recycling and compostable waste.
- Recycling and waste is collected on Mondays from the bin store – please note that the local Council will only collect waste if it is sorted as specified.
- Take internet shopping delivery crates/boxes away with you.
Please note that the answers to the most frequently-asked-questions concerning the building and its equipment, which may arise from unfamiliarity with the Centre, can be found in the blue ‘Useful Information’ folder (there is one in the Main Hall on the Ground Floor and one in the Galley (kitchen) in the Loft).
Please consult this before ‘calling out the Cavalry’! Emergency contact numbers are posted inside the phone cupboard in the Lobby.