Campers, please note the following points:
- Make sure that taps are always properly turned off
- Don’t pick the wild flowers or pull up any plants (except ragwort, nettles, brambles or privet within the campsite areas)
- Observe the Country Code
- Download the Jarman Centre Risk Assessment
- Quiet period is from 10pm to 7am
- No firearms, air weapons or metal detectors may be used
- Keep to our boundaries – see map
- Dogs are not allowed
- There are two campfire areas – please negotiate with the people in the house over their use
- Do not light fires on the ground anywhere on site – please use the paved bases, campfire areas or altar fires
- Dead wood on the ground may be used for fires – but please do not burn our ‘bugs hotel’, or other piles of logs that look as if they might be there for the wild life, or logs that have been put out as seating
- Trees must not be cut down nor branches removed
- Please protect our newly planted trees and our beeches, oaks, silver birches etc.
- NB: Portable barbecues in foil trays get VERY HOT. Use them with care and only under careful supervision, and ALWAYS put them on the stone slabs or grids that we provide at the campfire circles, barbecues, altar fires and patrol cooking bases. It is dangerous to put them on wood (which will catch fire); online pharmacy no prescription grass (which will burn a hole) or our plastic benches and barbecue shelves (which will melt).
- Remove all pegs, dismantle pioneering structures and leave the site clean and tidy
- If used, return the hay box to the back of the house
- Return any picnic tables, fire buckets etc to their correct location
- Remove all food from the freezer; make sure it is clean; do not switch it off
- Sweep out the solid shelter and put the trolley back inside
- Clean the toilets and the wash cubicles
- Lock all doors (and gate if you are last to leave the Centre) and return the keys to the Warden
Recycling and Waste
- Do not dig lat pits or bury cans or rubbish
- Use the disposal point for chemical toilets near the solid shelter
- Black bags for non-recyclable waste are kept in the laundry – take filled bags to the bin store by the main gate – please make sure that the lid is down on the bin store.
- Wheelie bins for recycling and compostable waste are situated at the back of the house and by the bin store – download the information sheets on recycling and compostable waste.
- Recycling and waste is collected on Mondays from the bin store – please note that the local Council will only collect waste if it is sorted as specified.
- Take internet shopping delivery crates/boxes away with you.